The South African Police Service (SAPS) invites unemployed graduates to apply for Work Integrated Learning / Internship Programme 2022
Learnership / Internship Application Closing Date: 18 june 2022
Internship Location: South Africa (Various Location)
The Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy and is for 12 months.
* Must be between ages 18 – 35
* Be a South African citizen
* Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
* Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
* Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never participated in an internship programme relevant to the field of the post
* Applicants must be residents of the Provinces where the post is advertised
* Applicants are restricted to apply for only three (3) positions (complete separate application form for each post reference number)
Intern category with minimum requirements:
Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
NB: Stipend will be as determined by the Safety and Security Sector Education and Training Authority (SASSETA)
* Be in possession of NQF 6 or higher qualification of which the following subjects are compulsory:
Criminology1, 2 and 3/Expert in the scientific study of crime and criminals. Data Analysis course/module will be an advantage.
Only the official application form for the Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to.
Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly indicated on the application form.
A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form and *proof of residence.
Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered *only certificate of qualifications will be accepted, and not a statement of results.
All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview. Shortlisted applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
Workplace Integrated Learning (WIL) Internship in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.