Municipality Drivers License Learnerships (50 Learnerships)
This initiative, presented by the Municipal Youth Desk section, invites youth between the ages of 20 – 35 years old to apply for the learnership. The programme provides for ten (10) driving lessons per applicant as well as the fee for the final driving license test.
Successful applicants who pass their final driving test will, however, be responsible for the costs of their driver’s license card and traffic administration costs.
No application form is available, interested individuals should apply by writing a cover letter clearly marked: DRIVERS LICENSE LEARNERSHIP 2022 and attach all required documents as stated below.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- I.D Book/Card.
- Youth between the ages of 20 -35 only.
- Be in possession of a Valid Learner License.
- Proof of Residential Residence (Municipality, Bank Account, Retail Account).
- Local to the greater Knysna area.
- DIRECTION TO CANDIDATES:
The following documentation must accompany applications: Copy of identity documentation, proof of residence, valid Learners License and employed youth should attach a copy of their latest payslip. Applicants should clearly indicate in their cover letter which ward they reside in. Failure to submit relevant documentation will disqualify your application.
Completed application letters, clearly marked: DRIVERS LICENSE LEARNERSHIP 2022 should be delivered to Municipal Main Building in Clyde Street or email: [email protected]
Please note: Correspondence will ONLY be entered into with selected candidates. Should candidates not be contacted within a month after the closing date, they may accept their application as unsuccessful.
A driver’s license can open up a lot of opportunities in your life. Here are just a few of the benefits:
– You can get to work more easily. You won’t have to rely on other people for rides anymore!
– You’ll be able to go see your friends more often. And you’ll be able to invite them over to your place too!
– You’ll feel safer when you’re out and about by yourself. Knowing that you can drive away if someone tries to hurt you will make you feel much less vulnerable than if you didn’t have one.
– It will be easier to go on vacation with your family or friends because you won’t need someone else’s help with logistics like scheduling or car rentals—you can just drive yourself wherever you want to go!
A driver’s license is an important part of living in any modern society. It allows you to get around more easily than if you didn’t have one, and it opens up a lot of possibilities for where you can go and what you can do.